Thursday, June 10, 2010

35 weeks down - 5 to go

I now have a referral to an OBGYN and soon will know whether or not my request/desire for an elective-c will be respected or if I'll have to ask for another referral to another OBGYN. Although given the timelines (I'm now 35 weeks and 2 days and will be 36 weeks and 2 days when I meet with the OBGYN), I'm a little nervous.

The last prenatal went well - my weight was actually down a pound, which I guess means I haven't gained anything in the last 5 weeks - but overall I'm up 26 pounds from where I started and the doctor doesn't seem to worry. The baby is quite active and my energy levels have been good. Further, my blood sugars seem to be well controlled.

I've only got two more weeks of work to go...so soon that part of my life will be on pause although I would like to remain active in some capacity while on maternity leave.

Yesterday I bought the baby a long-sleeved onesie that says 'Bean' on it and next week the long awaited Bumbleride Indie will arrive into our home. It's hard to believe but this pregnancy is very nearly now done and soon our household will have one more person in it...

No comments:

Post a Comment